Subject: Re: Help finding Gene Wolfe books

From: P Nielsen Hayden <pnh at tor.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 02:35:44 +0000

nmlrc at uwpg02.uwinnipeg.ca writes:
>I am desperately trying to find copies of the Gene Wolfe series THe *The
>Book of the New Sun*.  I have tried both University libraries, the Public
>Library system and have called all the second hand book stores in town.
>The Public Library has *The Shadow the Torturer* and *Soldier of the Mist*
>but not the two middle ones.  The books are apparently not out of print
>but are in back order so could be going out of print soon.  Does anyone
>have any suggestions as to where I could look?

The Pocket Books editions of the four volumes of The Book of the New Sun -
THE SHADOW OF THE TORTURER, THE CLAW OF THE CONCILIATOR, THE SWORD OF THE
LICTOR, and THE CITADEL OF THE AUTARCH - are out of print.  SOLDIER OF THE
MIST isn't part of the Book of the New Sun, or even related to the series.

In October and November, the Book of the New Sun will return to print in
North America in two trade paperback omnibus volumes from Orb: SHADOW AND
CLAW (ISBN 0-312-89017-6) and SWORD AND CITADEL (ISBN 0-312-89018-6).

Patrick Nielsen Hayden
senior editor
Tor Books