Subject: Wolfe New Sun released?

From: David Ingham <ingham at pcs.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 14:08:32 +0000

Does anyone know the status of The Book of the New Sun re-release?

David Ingham

---

From: Joel Baxter <jbaxter at lemur.stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 09:25:26 +0000

>Does anyone know the status of The Book of the New Sun re-release?  

The four books of the original tetrology are being released as two Orb
trade editions called _Shadow & Claw_ and _Sword & Citadel_.  I have the
first of those (ISBN 0-312-89017-6); I don't know if the second is
available yet.

It's a nice-looking book, BTW; one of those "thick `n slick" covers,
acid-free paper, and a good job of font selection and layout, as far as my
relative ignorance about these things can tell.  It was $15, which is not a
bad deal when your run-of-the-mill (sorry about the pun) mass- market
paperback can cost $6 or more.

Joel Baxter

---

From: Helmut Geyer <geyer at polyhymnia.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 18:48:33 +0000

>Does anyone know the status of The Book of the New Sun re-release?  

All four books of the new sun have been rereleased (and are available by
now) in two Orb omnibus trade paperback editions:

Wolfe, Gene     Shadow and Claw     ISBN 0312890176
Wolfe, Gene     Sword and Citadel   ISBN 0312890184
Both are $14.95.

Helmut Geyer
Helmut.Geyer at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de