Subject: Gene Wolfe's new novel FREE LIVE FREE

From: Donn Seeley <donn@utah-cs>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 1984 10:47:39 +0000

Gene Wolfe's novel FREE LIVE FREE is going to be published by Mark
Ziesing's specialty press sometime in the next few weeks.  FREE LIVE
FREE lived free of a contract for a while because Timescape Books
went down the tubes, but in a deal with Ziesing, who also published
Wolfe's book about THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN named THE CASTLE OF THE
OTTER, a special limited edition will come out this month.
According to LOCUS #285, the edition will be illustrated, signed,
and limited to 750 copies.  According to Mark Ziesing when I spoke
to him on the phone, the book will be a high quality printing, 500
pages with a fancy dustjacket, and will cost $45.  I shelled out for
one, and if you think $45 is a bit steep then you can find out later
whether it's worth it when I review it.  If you're interested in a
copy yourself, here are Mark's parameters:

        Mark Ziesing
        PO Box 806 (for orders) or
        762 Main St. (where the shop is)
        'Orders over $25 are sent post free' except $2.50 overseas

Mark has also published Phil Dick's early novel THE MAN WHOSE TEETH
WERE ALL EXACTLY ALIKE, one of the missing books from Dick's pre-SF
period.  When Dick re-read his old unpublished novels soon before he
died, he picked TEETH as his favorite.  Mark will part with a copy
of TEETH for $19.50, plus $1.50 postage and handling if it's not
part of another order.

I have no connection with Mark Ziesing and have never even been to
Connecticut,