Subject: upcoming novels from Gene Wolfe

From: Donn Seeley <donn at cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1987 09:02:26 +0000

>From the Readercon program book (notes by Wolfe):

   EMPIRES OF FOLIAGE AND FLOWER: The story of the green and yellow
   empires mentioned by Severian.  It concerns a child who is taken
   in tow by the wizard Thyme and shown something of war and the
   destiny of man.  To be published by Cheap Street, late June or
   early July 1987.  [A pamphlet?  -- DMS]

   THE URTH OF THE NEW SUN: Coda to THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN.  To
   appear in hardcover from Tor, Fall 1987.

   THERE ARE DOORS: A contemporary fantasy about a department store
   clerk who falls in love with a goddess from an alternate universe
   and finds himself drawn into that universe, where the goddess
   manifests herself as a lawyer, a movie star, and a high-tech
   doll.  To appear in hardcover from Tor, Fall 1988.

   SOLDIER OF ARETE: Sequel to SOLDIER OF THE MIST.  To appear in
   hardcover from Tor, Fall 1989.

   CASTLEVIEW: The villainness is Morgan Le Fay, and the hero is a
   Lincoln Mercury dealer.  In progress; unsold.

I got the impression that THERE ARE DOORS is already written, but
SOLDIER OF ARETE hasn't been started yet.  Are we really going to
have to wait over a year to see DOORS in hardcover?

Wolfe has certainly become more prolific since he started writing
full-time,