Subject: Gene Wolfe

From: Dieter Britz <britz at kemi.aau.dk>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 1990 07:53:27 +0000

Having recently read Soldier of the Mist, I am sure there must be more
coming.  Is this part of a series and if so, what's next? My son and I
can't wait.  Thanks for any help.

Dieter Britz
britz at kemi.aau.dk

---

From: Antonio Leal <abl at dart.ece.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 1990 13:21:09 +0000

BRITZ at KEMI.AAU.DK (Dieter Britz) writes:
>can't wait.

Soldier of Arete' is out in paperback.  It's the second volume of those
"memories" (a rather appropriate term in this case).  It may also end the
series, unless Wolfe chooses to follow his protagonist back to Latium.

Quite a triumph of intelligent writing.  Not necessarily _the_ faithful
rendition of the past, but at least not marred by imbecilic concessions to
the mindset of the present day audience.

Antonio B. Leal
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA. 15213   U.S.A.
[412] 268-2937

---

From: Antonio Leal <abl at dart.ece.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 1990 13:21:09 +0000

Antonio B. Leal