Subject: (urth) Aquastor

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 17:37:08 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

I got the information from irdg.com/mep/nni/golem.txt. It is copyright
1992, Dan McClure.  Additional information can be found in Gustav
Meyerink's "The Golem", according to the page.

I'm looking in various books and searching the web for more
information and confirmation in the appropriate places.  If anyone
wants to help, I'd appreciate it.

prion

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 10:59:21 +0000

I still haven't found any other information about aquastors, but I
think it's possible that the name comes from quasi, meaning almost as
if.  This would be because of an aquastor's artificial nature in
mimicking something.

prion

---

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 08:34:21 +0000

I've been thinking about from where the name aquastor could come, and
since it's an alchemical term, it might be Arabic.  The original form
might be something like al quastr.  Also, if it is Latin, it might be
from acu- (sharp) or aequus (equal), as well as from quasi, aqua, or
quaerere.

prion