Subject: (urth) Miracle of Apu-Punchau

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:29:00 +0000

Hello there Tony A. West (formerly of Florida, if I'm right), and
welcome aboard!

The mysterious eclipse.  For myself I've decided the shadow was
caused by the starship _Tzadkiel_, with her sails wide open.

As for the intelligence behind this action: it may be as "accidental"
as the miracle of the flying cathedral, that is, it wasn't
specifically planned by human/Yesodic entities; or it may be planned,
in which case we have as candidates Tzadkiel, OB&F (as you pointed
out), and the sailor Severian sliver (after the fatal fight with the
dragon--so maybe we should call sailor Severian "Beowolfe"?) who is
probably walking around on the ship right now.

(Hmmm.  If that "death by dragon" smacks of Beowulf, then where would
the Grendel be . . . ?  Ah!   Baldanders, of course!  Doesn't get his
arm chopped off, true, but does get his "arm" the mace destroyed, and
then escapes down the water hole to the Grendel-mommies, the undines
. . . )

=mantis=

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/