Subject: (urth) Lake of the Long Sun...?

From: Tony A. West <severian at luna.email.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:22:17 +0000

Hey everyone/anyone...  Does anyone know why, after being released for only like three years, Lake of the Long sun is now out of print?  It's not like it flopped or anything.  Anyway, I'm here in RURAL Japan so Internet purchasing is pretty much what I'm limited to... but is TOR going to do a reissue or something?  In the meanwhile how do I buy one?

Thanks so much, I hope someone still reads this list...
Tony

---

From: CRCulver <crculver at aol.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 01:24:01 +0000

Tony A. West said:
<Hey everyone/anyone...  Does anyone know why, after being released for only
like three years, Lake of the Long sun is now out of print??>

I know Tor Books is out-of-stock of _Nightside the Long Sun_, which means it's
nearly impossible for me to get it. Incidentally, if anyone can look in their
local bookstores for Nightside, I'll send 'em money for it and some extra.
Gene Wolfe's books go out of print far too fast: Peace, Free Live Free, and
Soldier of the Mist are some examples.

And continued:
<Thanks so much, I hope someone still reads this list...>

There's quite a crowd here, so many people are reading your message(s).

Christopher R. Culver <crculver at aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html
------------------------------------------------
"The darkest dreams are the ones that come true."
-Warren Defever

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Alex David Groce <adgroce at eos.ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:25:54 +0000

At least the trend seems to be to eventually put them into Orb.  I wish they'd
do ENDANGERED SPECIES (which has some of my favorite stories...)

On Aug 30,  9:24pm, CRCulver at aol.com wrote:
> Subject: Re:  (urth) Lake of the Long Sun...
> Tony A. West said:
>-- End of excerpt from CRCulver at aol.com

-- 
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (adgroce at eos.ncsu.edu)
Senior (Computer Science/Multidisciplinary Studies in Technology & Fiction)
'98-99 NCSU AITP Student Chapter President
608 Charleston Road, Apt. 1E (919)-233-7366
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~adgroce