Subject: (urth) Sev's decendants

From: J. Schultz <jschultz at wcnet.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:32:25 +0000

The quote in question:"Remembering that, it was simple enough to guess who
my priest's forbears had been - the sailors routed by my memories had
paid for their defeat with their pasts, just as I would have lost the
future of my descendants had my own past been defeated."  I have always
interpreted this as meaning that the sailor's have had their memories wiped
and been 'abandoned' on Ushas to begin the human race anew.  'future of my
descendents' I had once thought to refer to the ritual castration that
Appian had to go through.  On a closer look that would not be the punishment
for Sev's defeat as the castration was simply a tool by which Sev would be
guaranteed ascension to the Pheonix Throne.  I now believe that Sev's
descendents refers metephorically to all the creatures of Ushas whose
genesis has been made possible by Sev.

As to what was conceived between Sev and Apheta:  "That something was
myself"  The White Fountain.  Sev always refers to the white fountain
coursing through space as a second and sentient self.

FunkMonkey
J. Schutlz
jschultz at wcnet.org

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/