Subject: (urth) the Devil in a Forest

From: Brownes3 <brownes3 at aol.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 17:02:07 +0000

I picked up a book in a used book store yesterday called "The Devil in a
Forest."

Its by Wolfe, from 1978. I've never heard of it before, or found any
references to it, even on this list.

The cover calls him the "acclaimed author of the Fifth Head of Cerebus." so
its not another Gene Wolfe.

Anybody read it?  Any opinions before I wade into it?

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Marc Coleman <marc.coleman at mwcia.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 12:37:24 +0000

>Anybody read it?  Any opinions before I wade into it?
Been a long time, but I remember liking it.  Not one of his greats, but a
good read.  Now I might have to reread it...   marc

---

From: Alex David Groce <adgroce at eos.ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 13:46:31 +0000

It's a good book; not Wolfe's best--in some ways a well-written juvenile.
Certainly worth reading, and won't take as long to read (or to puzzle over) as
most Wolfe.  Charming, in a limited way.

On Oct 2,  1:02pm, Brownes3 at aol.com wrote:
> Subject: (urth) the Devil in a Forest
>-- End of excerpt from Brownes3 at aol.com

-- 
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (adgroce at eos.ncsu.edu)
Senior (Computer Science/Multidisciplinary Studies in Technology & Fiction)
'98-99 NCSU AITP Student Chapter President
608 Charleston Road, Apt. 1E (919)-233-7366
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~adgroce