Subject: (urth) Re: Merryn

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:46:38 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

I think that all of Robert Borski's recent genealogical theories are
possible, but I'm slightly worried about Merryn, because Wolfe has
said that she is "probably" Severian's sister.  Hopefully Wolfe will
decide this in the Short Sun books.  By the way, an oread is a
mountain nymph, not a sea nymph.  Other types of Graeco-Roman nymphs,
in case anyone wants to know, are:

Okeanids/Oceanids:  daughters of Okeanos, nymphs of various water
features

Nereids:  daughters of Nereus, nymphs of the Mediterranean Sea

Naiads:  water nymphs

Dryads:  (oak) tree nymphs

Meliai:  nymphs of ash trees

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/