Subject: (urth) John Crowley

From: Matthew Freestone <matthew at matthewf.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 15:46:14 +0000

Kieran wrote:
>If I'm allowed a wee tangent, what's the news on Crowley, anyone? Given that
>Love&Sleep wasn't even published in the UK, and that it's probably out of
>print already, I have this fear that the Aegypt sequence won't get
>completed. Anyone got any pointers to recent intervews or other hopeful
>news?
Try www.tezcat.com/~josephb/lit/crowley/index.html - though I don't
think it's been updated all that recently. The site's author mentions a
title for the third AEgypt book, "Daemonomania" (hmm), and gives a
publication date of August - I assume that was meant to be this year, so
I'm not sure what the latest is.

cheers,
--                              II         |\      _,,,---,,_
Matt Freestone                  II    zzz. /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_.
matthew at matthewf.demon.co.uk    II        |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
www.matthewf.demon.co.uk/       II       '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at crossover.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:45:26 +0000

At 03:46 PM 10/31/98 +0000, you wrote:
>The site's author mentions a

Crowley delivered the manuscript to Bantam in August '98, I believe, which
indicates a publication date somewhere in early-mid '99.

_Deamonomania_ is the belief that everything in the world is inhabited by a
small spirit (daemon) which animates it and gives it is specific
properties. Or at least, that's what Crowley claims it means. 

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney at crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html