Subject: (urth) U(rth)RPS

From: Paul C Duggan <pduggan at world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:02:48 +0000

> Still, I didn't know that the suns were fading due to some spiritual
> crisis--was that mentioned in the core rule or in one of the numerous
> suppliments?

I believe the line was that the Orthodox church claimed the suns were
fading as punishment for men's sins. But the rules don't say whether this
is the correct interpretation.

> So Paul, when are =you= going to do some game design? <g> (Egad,
> look--now I've probably done it--it will turn out that you are the
> creator of one of those fabulously popular "German" games!)

I wish. I merely playtested a few SFB scenarios.

But my I keep mulling over a paper map/cardboard counter game of the
Commonwealth/Ascian war. Something with the sides being the Heirodules vs.
the Others and the Severian unit being a pawn in the middle. maybe.

And if someone would make Urth miniatures I'd really be excited:

Daugters of War on mighty arsinothers!
Mammoth with laser cannon howdah!
Dwarves riding blind giants (THAT makes lots of sense)
Nekkid Anpiels!
Walking Towers (or whatever they are)

GW's mutie riders come close to a Destrier miniature (at least they have
toes).

And the Ascian "roll to see how many of your troops commit suicide before
the battle" beats GW's Commissar kills Seargent to prevent squad from
routing for "dark and gothic" ruleswriting.

But this is my idea an no-one may steal it. :-)

"I am an impure thinker. I am hurt, swayed, shaken, |  paul           + | +
elated, disillusioned, shocked, comforted, and I    |                 --|--
have to transmit my mental experiences lest I die." |                 + | +
                     --  Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy    |  pduggan at world.std.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/