Subject: (urth) NYRSF infested

From: Damien Broderick <damien at ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:43:33 +0000

They're everywhere!  They're everywhere!

The latest issue of *The New York Review of Science Fiction* (no. 125, Jan
1999) kicks off notably with a front page article by our brilliant forward
scout Michael Andre-Driussi, digging into Jack Vance's neglected THE BLUE
WORLD.  Alga's PLAYBOY BOOK OF SCIENCE FICTION is reviewed.  (I've even got
a small review of my own there toward the back.)

May I recommend that people with a few spare bucks s*bscr*b* to this worthy
24-page monthly treat, either from their web site (sorry, I've misplaced
the URL but altavista will tell ya), or by sending $US32 for Americans or
$US45.00 for overseas' readers, for a year's sub, to PO Box 78,
Pleasantville, NY, 10570, USA?  (I do hope I'm not offending against list
policy in making this suggestion - I have nothing to gain by doing so, he
said piously.)

Damien Broderick

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:28:00 +0000

Yay! (Go NYRSF!  If everybody around here can't [find the time or
energy to] write for it, they should at least subscribe.)

Doh! (I was hoping to surprise alga--sent a copy of 125 which just
happened to have that review.)

LOL! (Damien Broderick, funny guy, has a sharp review in 125!)

(And one of these days we're going to have a big talk about THE BLACK
GRAIL, which I've just been reading.  What you knew, Damien, and when
you knew it . . .)

=mantis=

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at crossover.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:33:07 +0000

At 08:43 PM 1/15/99 +0000, you wrote:
>the URL but altavista will tell ya). 

Isn't it in my .sig? 

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney at crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html