Subject: (urth) search & urth & oz

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <ranjit at moonmilk.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:37:31 +0000

OK, I see you all are getting restless, so I'm getting my act together
and trying to make the list archives more searchable.  As an experiment
I've split URTH volumes 1-22 into individual messages and registered the
approximately 2200 messages with Altavista and Hotbot.
(http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/dirs.html) When these two
services have had time to contemplate the messages (give it a week), you
will be able to search the messages (I'll figure out the details
later.)  I will also look into the, um, personal altavista recommended
by vizcacha.

I'd be glad to put up on the web whatever FAQs and bibliographies you
come up with, finished or not.  Email them to me.

Also, did one of you register the name URTH with the Realnames web
service (www.realnames.com) on my behalf?  If so, thanks.  If not, how
did it get in there?  (Actually, it's not working right now because the
old name "moonmilk.volcano.org" is temporarily out of order, but it will
be fixed soon.  Could whomever registered the name change the address to
www.moonmilk.com?)

And speaking of Oz, I just finished reading _WICKED: The Life and Times
of the Wicked Witch of the West_ by Gregory Maguire.  It's imaginative
and amusing and pretty long, too.  (Kept me occupied during about 7
subway commutes.)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060987103/whorlwebpagoftheA/
(That last bit gives me a piece of the action.)

ranjit.

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:35:00 +0000

Go, Ranjit, go!

(Lurkers: Don'tcha just hate it when you're trying to do some serious
research, looking through virtual reams [eh-hem] of archival
material, and you keep hitting these goofy little "hi there" and
"good job!" notes, with their smiley faces, hearts-to-dot-the-i's,
and ilk of those things?  Then there's the log rolling, sheesh!)

("What rolls down stairs,
("Alone or in pairs,
("And flattens the neighbor's dog?

("It fits on your back,
("It's great for a snack,
("It's log, log, log!

("It's log, it's log,
("For fun it's a wonderful toy!
("It's log, it's log,
("It's fun for a girl and a boy!")

(Ah, another one of those charming commercials from the old "Ren &
Stimpy" show.  "If you =know= what I mean.")

=mantis=