Subject: (urth) Bouncy jingle

From: Charles Dye <raster at highfiber.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:09:21 +0000

Newt wrote:

>And another thing:
>
>" Because I could not stop for Death,
>   He kindly stopped for me; 
>   The carriage held but just ourselves 
>   And immortality. 
>
>That's the last verse to "The Yellow Rose of Texas" not a TV themesong.
>Don't you people know anything?

To which Jack Lyons <revjack at Radix.Net> replied:

>I think your teacher was trolling you, that verse came from
>Dorothy Parker.

Nope, it's actually a little-known verse of the Coca-Cola theme
song, the one you hear on TV around Christmastime.  The words
are by Marilyn Moore, I think.  Anyhow, it has the same cheery
rythm as "I heard a fly buzz when I died."

raster at highfiber.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/