Subject: (urth) Green

From: Dan Parmenter <dan at lec.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:25:00 +0000

** Spoiler Warning **

This post obliquely refers to events at the end of EXODUS FROM THE
LONG SUN.

.
.
.
.

I really don't know if this is a better question to ask here or on the
Whorl list, since it directly concerns both.

So here it is: what is the status of the "Green = Luna" hypothesis?  

For me the appeal is in finding out just what was going on up on the
Forests of Lune.  Often mentioned, but never visited in the course of
BOTNS.

Let me guess.  Giant vegetable spiders, a mile long.  No wait, that's
another book.  Er, shape-shifting vampires?

D

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Kieran Cleary <kierannwn at tinet.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:49:10 +0000

>So here it is: what is the status of the "Green = Luna" hypothesis?

One word: impasse. I've always been fond of that particular hypothesis, but
some recalcitrants on the list just won't have it. And I'm going to push the
boat out a little: I betya Green=Lune. For one thing, not to impose my lack
of imagination on Wolfe, but I can't see how Merryn and Sev are going to do
a cameo in the Green/Blue system otherwise. And link to the BotNS
(Pas=Typhon, so what?) would be slightly arbitrary if that's all there was
to it.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Kieran C.

North West Labs
Finisklin Industrial Estate
Sligo
Republic of Ireland

Tel. +353 71 69441
Fax. +353 71 69451
email: kierannwn at tinet.ie