Subject: (urth) Ain't You 'Most Done?

From: James Moar <jwm1 at st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:50:50 +0000

James Moar

>From the Evil Overlord List: No. 116
If I capture the hero's starship, I will keep it in the landing bay with the
ramp down, only a few token guards on duty, and a ton of explosives set to
go off as soon as it clears the blast-range.

----------
From: "James Moar" <jwm1 at st-and.ac.uk>
To: urth at lists.best.com
Subject: Ain't You 'Most Done?
Date: Sun, Feb 28, 1999, 3:11 pm

Anyone seen Gene Wolfe's story "Ain't You 'Most done?" in Sandman: Book of
Dreams?

I don't have much to say about it, other than getting the usual feeling of a
Gene Wolfe story - ie, that I'm missing at least 90% of the point.

The only notable subtleties I caught were the resemblance between the
applying of makeup and the change in appearance of a corpse, and the
appearances of Dream and Death (which weren't hard to spot, in context).

James Moar

>From the Evil Overlord List: No. 116
If I capture the hero's starship, I will keep it in the landing bay with the
ramp down, only a few token guards on duty, and a ton of explosives set to
go off as soon as it clears the blast-range.

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/