Subject: (urth) Thorn again, Christian?

From: Tony Ellis <tony.ellis at futurenet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:51:13 +0000

I even more impetously wrote:

> I was thinking of lowercase thorn, silly me. Uppercase thorn is indeed a "d" with
> a line through it - but a capital "D". So I was sort of right. A bit.
>
Actually I'm still wrong, as Mark Millman politely pointed out to me in
a private e-mail. The character I was thinking of is actually capital
eth. It looks like Ð, if you have the same character set as me, whereas
capital thorn is: Þ. The character mantis was describing is actually a
lowercase eth, ð, and not a thorn as Mark and I initially thought.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Derek Bell <dbell at maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:42:43 +0000

In message <199903310850.AAA07685 at lists1.best.com>, Tony Ellis writes:
>eth. It looks like =D0, if you have the same character set as me,

	I think Croatian has a similar looking character - I don't
know how it is pronounced, though.

	(For those with a different character set, the capital eth
looks like a capital D with a small horizontal line through the
vertical line on the left side.)

	Derek