Subject: (urth) St. Anne and the Inhumi

From: Nicholas Gevers <potto at webmail.co.za>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 13:26:38 +0000

Seeing as there's recently been discussion on this site about the
nature of the Annese and their possible connection with Urth, Green,
etc., I'd like to pose to everyone a question that seems to me to
strike to the thematic heart of the matter: Given that 5HC is
centrally concerned with the sinister effects of colonialism on the
colonizers and the colonized, and that the inhumi in TBotLS inhabit a
solar system about to be colonized, like St. Anne, by humans,
shouldn't we regard Quetzal and his compatriots as victims of
invasion, rather than as vampires, or soulless beings like the
Ascians? Isn't it possible that the major surprise of The Book of the
Short Sun will be exactly this, that the aliens have the just claim to
our sympathy, and the humans are the transgressors?
//--------------------------------------
Nicholas Gevers
potto at webmail.co.za
_______________________________________________________________
 http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/