Subject: (urth) Wolfe essay in Lafferty book.

From: Stephen Taylor <steve at afs.net.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:16:53 +0000

My first posting to the list and it's a rather tangential one...

I just snapped up two more R.A. Lafferty books to add to my fairly
obsessive Lafferty collection, and as I took them back to the office I
noticed that one of them - _East of Laughter_ has an essay by Gene
Wolfe, _Scribbling Giant_

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Taylor                          steve at afs.net.au
Applied Financial Services
Phone: +61 3 9670 0233
Fax:   +61 3 9670 5018

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Stephen Taylor <steve at afs.net.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:22:13 +0000

[Pardon the initial mangled version of this message.]

I just snapped up two more R.A. Lafferty books to add to my fairly
obsessive Lafferty collection, and as I took them back to the office I
noticed that one of them - _East of Laughter_ has an essay by Gene
Wolfe, _Scribbling Giant_ in the first 260 copies printed. 

Needless to say, my copy is not amongst that 260.

Has anyone read the essay in question? Any comments?

                                 Steve