Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v026.n001

From: Alice Turner <akt at ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:54:00 +0000

> --------------- MESSAGE urth.v026.n001.9 ---------------
>
> From: "Ori Kowarsky" <orik at sprint.ca>
> Christoper R. Culver wrote:
>
> "I think that the "judge" version of Tzadkiel, analogous to the Archangel
> Michael, would be certainly be divine. Whether of not he receives
> communication directly from the Pancreator is one of the more interesting
> mysteries of _Urth_."
>
> I do not blieve that Tzad is remotely connected to the Archangel Michael,
in
> either motive or substance.  If he comes off like an angel on the Day of
> Jugement this is a carefully orchestated effect, done for the benefit of
Sev
> and his personal, shall we say, demons.

Now wait a sec here. Tzadkiel is not Michael but s/he certainly is an angel,
not an archangel like Michael, but a sufficiently great and important being
for Urth/Ushas. S/he is the Angel of Divine Justice. (My info comes from
Gustav Davidson's -A Dictionary of Angels-, Free Press 1967, which is not
one of those idiotic gift-books of angels, but a scholarly work). I don't
have the book to hand, so cannot tell you more, but I do have a xerox of the
list of the 30 top angels (and the 103 fallen angels).

-alga

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Jack Lyons <revjack at radix.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:14:05 +0000

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Alice Turner wrote:

:Now wait a sec here. Tzadkiel is not Michael but s/he
:certainly is an angel, not an archangel like Michael, but a
:sufficiently great and important being for Urth/Ushas.

Angels are supernatural beings. Tzadkeiel (acknowledging
that this is fiction) is not a supernatural being.

:(My info comes from Gustav Davidson's -A Dictionary of
:Angels-, Free Press 1967, which is not one of those idiotic
:gift-books of angels, but a scholarly work). 

A scholarly work on supernatural beings?

I contend that F. Murray Abraham is an angel.

-- 
_________________
revjack at radix.net