Subject: (urth) Carry on Critics

From: Nicholas Gevers <potto at webmail.co.za>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 16:35:44 +0000

Congratulations to Nigel Price: very interesting and even graceful
input on the religious issue. A welcome change from this increasingly
rusty topic of the iron men; shouldn't we move on to other threads,
like whether Severian's guild cloak is made from tussah, chenille, or
silk?
On casting for THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN: Carry On is all very well, but
why not look for talent closer to home? With hope that I avoid
inflicting any personal injury, I'd like to suggest the following
casting, based on known critical attributes of the individuals
concerned:
SEVERIAN = Michael Andre-Driussi
THECLA = Joan Gordon
JUTURNA = Alice K. Turner
MASTER ULTAN = Jonathan Laidlow
ODILO = Nigel Price (because of the "dull video")
BALDANDERS = Ori Kowarsky
DR. TALOS = Robert Borski
FATHER INIRE = Damien Broderick (lurking)
CANOG = Patrick O'Leary
MASTER ASH = Nick Gevers
EREBUS = Peter Wright
TZADKIEL = Gene Wolfe
Any additions?
//--------------------------------------
Nicholas Gevers
potto at webmail.co.za
_______________________________________________________________
 http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: William H. Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 23:37:14 +0000

>FATHER INIRE = Damien Broderick (lurking)

I won't comment on any of the suggestions above; I don't know anyone well
enough to know who's going to be pleased or disgruntled.

Now who could I be? Hmmmm... Hethor. Babbling fool, deadly assasin. Well,
I've got the first part down cold, maybe I can fake the second part. No,
hold on. I'll have to wait for the casting of _The Book of the Long Sun_.
Patera Remora is just a babbling fool; I can be him!

William Ansley

---

From: Peter Stephenson <pws at ibmth.df.unipi.it>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:38:20 +0000

"William H. Ansley" wrote:
> Now who could I be? Hmmmm... Hethor.

kn i play 2?

I'd like to be Hildegrin, because Mr Badger in Wind in the Willows is one
of my favourite fictional creations.  I've been wondering if it had it in
his mind when he wrote the Lake of Eternal Sleep scene --- lots of rushes
and backwaters as well as badgers.

(There's another for sports journalists, desperately trying to fill
pre-superbowl slots with idiotic questions.)

corncrake