Subject: (urth) Pulposal, and Robinson

From: Nicholas Gevers <potto at webmail.co.za>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 22:47:17 +0000

I heartily endorse William Ansley's point about copy-editing. Why not
persuade Tor Books to let one of us (say me) read SHORT SUN in
advance? A thorough job is guaranteed to be done.
A quite different matter: if Gene Wolfe is not the ablest SF writer
living (and perish the heretical thought), many would pin the label on
Kim Stanley Robinson. There he is, author of rich, copious,
many-layered books, and yet I can find almost nothing about him on the
Web - no homepage, no discussion site, just a couple of bibliographies
and interviews. Does anyone know of any incisive Robinson debates or
essays on the Web? Or if not, is anyone interested in helping get a
Robinson site going? (It may have been mentioned before somewhere in
the Urth Archives, but a note on Wolfe and Robinson: Robinson
acknowledges Wolfe as an important influence, and I see his novella
cycle ICEHENGE as deliberately analogous in structure and technique to
THE FIFTH HEAD OF CERBERUS.)
//--------------------------------------
Nicholas Gevers
potto at webmail.co.za
_______________________________________________________________
 http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/