Subject: (urth) New Sun GRAPHIC Novel

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:40:41 +0000

Fellow Urthlings,

I just saw that a fellow on eBay is selling issues number one and two of
the Graphic Novel adaptation of TBOTNS.

That may be of interest to anybody looking for these items.

But what I found of interest: the seller is a comic book expert, and =he=
says that the series went on to =six= issues.

I have never seen more than issues one, two, and three.  Nor have I even
heard of there being more.

So, a biliographic tidbit; more questing beasts for the bibliomaniacs; etc.

=mantis=

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at crossover.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:55:53 +0000

>heard of there being more.

I was working in a comics shop for the entirety of the existence of the
company which published _Shadow of the Torturer_, and I can assure you that
the final issues of the series were not published. I cannot recall without
consulting my collection whether the final published issue was #3 or #4,
but I will check sometime soon and report.

By the way, these are *very* much worth owning. I don't think any other
artist has done as good a job of capturing the "look" of Urth as did Ted
Nafieh in this adaptation. 

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney at crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html

---

From: David_Lebling <david_lebling at avid.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:24:52 +0000

He doesn't say he _has_ all six issues, just the first two.  He's probably just
repeating the original plan.

 Check out the URL:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=105621245>

     Dave Lebling
     (aka vizcacha)