Subject: (urth) Re:Future reading group

From: Patri10629 <patri10629 at aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 09:42:02 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

In a message dated 8/19/97 3:40:56 AM, you wrote:

<<
But what if, instead of starting new groups devoted to Simmons, C. Smith,
etc., we became a kind of reading forum (if that doesn't sound too
bourgeois)? We're a self-selected group, we're obviously working pretty
well together, why don't we just throw it open for a while to a variety of
literary topics? The people who think they're not interested in Smith or
Simmons could either lurk for a while or get and read the books and pitch
in. A single book could be considered. It seems to me, for instance, that
most Wolfeans would get a thrill from A.S. Byatt's Possession and Peter
Hoeg's Smilla's Sense of Snow, puzzle books  with a strong sense of genre,
but published in the mainstream. 

-alga->>

Sounds cool to me.

Patrick

---

From: Kieran Cleary <kierannwn at tinet.ie>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:06:30 +0000

Sounds good to me too. Wouldn't mind exhuming a little more Crowley.

lasrach

Kieran Cleary
North West Labs
Finisklin Industrial Estate, Sligo

Tel: +353 71 69441
Fax: +353 71 69451
email: kierannwn at tinet.ie