Subject: (urth) Nodes

From: Nigel Price <nigelprice1 at compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 16:02:57 +0000

>>You Might Be An Urthling, If...

Oh, Mitchell, wonderful - I loved this posting!

Do I count as an Urthling if I've got drives on my network named after
characters and places in the Urth Cycle?  My C: drive is "Conciliator", and
somewhere there's an F: drive called "Fuligin", a G: drive called "Gyoll",
and an H: drive called Hildegrin.

(The nodes and the other drives, incidentally, are named are characters
from Spenser's "The Faerie Queene".  Anyone else got a remote CD-ROM drive
called "Excesse"?)

Nigel Price
Minety, nr Thrax
The Commonwealth

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Charles Dye <raster at highfiber.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:15:56 +0000

>Oh, Mitchell, wonderful - I loved this posting!

Where can I get a "Severian Lives" bumper sticker?  (Argent on fuligin,
if there's a choice of colors!)

>and an H: drive called Hildegrin.

I shipped a set of six workstations once, and gave them network names
of Thecla, Dorcas, Jolenta, Pia, Daria, and Valeria.  The MIS people
who bought them immediately renamed 'em after Peanuts characters, of
course.  Life just is not fair.

raster at highfiber.com