Subject: (urth) technical help required

From: Jonathan Laidlow <laidlojm at hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:46:29 +0000

Hello folks,

I've grown used to thinking that I'm quite computer literate. 
Apparently not.  I like to download and format the Urth and Whorl 
digests using a Word processor so that I can bind them together and 
put them on my bookshelf. I have up to volume 25 and as I wanted to 
refer to the fight I started in volume 26 I tried to download it. Now 
no matter how hard I try to save it in text only format it still 
actually saves it in html format - which then produces  a zillion 
codes when I load the file into Word. If I could even find a way of 
deleting all html codes I'd be happy.

Can any of you explain to me where I'm going wrong? Best to reply to 
me off-list....

Jonathan
Visit Ultan's Library - A Gene Wolfe web resource
http://members.tripod.co.uk/laidlow/index.htm
Jonathan Laidlow
University of Birmingham, UK

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/