Subject: Re: (urth) Ancients of Days

From: Kieran Cleary <kierannwn at tinet.ie>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:52:29 +0000

Just finished reading Paul J. McAuley's second Confluence book, Ancients of
Days, and contrary to the faint praise of a previous posting of mine, I
think that the series is living up to the expectations created (for me) by
the related short story Recording Angel in Greg Bear's New Legends (to which
I am also indebted for introducing me to Greg Egan).

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear coments from other Urthlings about the
series.

Vizcacha, regarding the related-authors list from Amazon,

>>"Customers who bought titles by Gene Wolfe also bought titles by these
authors:

Frederick Forsyth
John Le Carre
Daniel Silva
Joseph Kanon
William Safire"<<

I recently saw the following on Amazon (after another despairing, craven
visit to the "On Blue's Waters" section):

"Customers who bought titles by Gene Wolfe also bought titles by these
authors:

Dan Simmons
Michael Swanwick
Patricia A. McKillip
Alfred Bester
Theodore Sturgeon "

which would seem to be *slightly* more on the mark.

Kieran C.

North West Labs
Stephen St. Court
Sligo
Republic of Ireland

Tel. +353 71 69441
Fax. +353 71 69451
email: kierannwn at tinet.ie

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/