Subject: (urth) The Bolds

From: Alex Groce <alex_groce at gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:33:26 +0000

Alas, my memory was faulty.  Mary, not Barbara, is Eleanor's sister-in-law's
name.  I wonder if Barbara Bold is named for anyone in Trollope or Dickens?
The PEACE hypothesis is under work--since it may be quite a while (moving in
and getting used to grad school is taking a lot of time...) for me to polish
it, some of the major points are:

  -- The motif of the skulls--and the connection between Weer's skull (also a
kind of memory palace) and the skull the picnic party sees in the
cave--especially in light of Olivia's comments about how mankind will one
day vanish...
  -- The "dream walk" Weer takes by the river
  -- The story of the Sidhe

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+ at cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~agroce

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/