Subject: (urth) Scylla -- from Urth to Whorl?

From: Greene, Carlton <cgreene2 at hunton.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:42:04 +0000

Is there any connection between the monster Scylla mentioned in the BOTNS
and Typhon's daughter Scyla dealt with in the Long Sun books?  Is it
possible that one or more of Typhon's children remained behind on Earth and
took the route that Baldanders did, growing in human form until they became
true monstrosities and going to live beneath the sea?  Perhaps there are
citations (though none occur to me now) that would allow one to place the
period at which the "monsters" (Erebus and co.) appear and take their places
beneath Urth's oceans -- perhaps these dates are contemporaneous with
Typhon's reign.

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Urash, Tom <turash at firstam.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:35:51 +0000

My understanding was that neither Typhon/Pas, his wife nor any of his
children literally boarded the void ship, Whorl; that only highly functional
and powerful software representations of the nine were planted in Mainframe
[as were, possibly, some of their friends, lovers (Kypris?), servants and
government cronies in the guise of the "minor gods"). So, yes, I think it
highly likely most, and likely all, remained behind on Urth.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Greene, Carlton [SMTP:CGreene2 at hunton.com]
> Sent:	Wednesday, September 29, 1999 6:42 PM
> To:	urth at lists.best.com
> Subject:	(urth) Scylla -- from Urth to Whorl?
> 
> works
> ranjit at best.com
> whorl at lists.best.com