Subject: Re: (urth) Shadow of the Torturer Video Game?

From: Fr.Inire <inire at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:59:55 +0000

Oh, be still my beating heart...would that it were
true!

Now why would someone just yank that kind of thing out
of an orifice and make up a line about it? sickos...:-/

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Miller
"The idea of verifying facts about
the world through controlled repetition seems alien to just about everyone
with the _possible_ exception of Fr Inire, and he's a bug-eyed space
monster . . ."-Jim Henley
Heavy Gear Swap @ http://freecenter.digiweb.com/games/severian/swap.html
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!        '82 GS650G
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one place.
Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at apocalypse.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:48:04 +0000

>of an orifice and make up a line about it? sickos...:-/

Well, Padre, my guess is that the impulse was similar to that shown by the
character in _Peace_ who forged the Necronomicon and other much-desired
books. Some things we want so much that we create them in fiction if we
cannot have them in reality, even if the fiction is both pleasurable and...
a torture.

Ron H-E

--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe at apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
Center for Ludic Synergy:        <http://www.ludism.org/>
Kennexions GBG artgame:          <http://kennexions.ludism.org/>
Hexagram-8 I Ching Mailing List: <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/hex8.html>
Positive Revolution FAQ:         <http://www.ludism.org/posrev/>