Subject: (urth) GURPS New Sun

From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at apocalypse.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:24:33 +0000

Mantis, you've done an admirable job of not bragging onlist, but I am dying
to know when the GURPS New Sun books will be out. I went to the Steve
Jackson site, and they said it is due in December. Is it still on course?
Can you give us a better sense of the actual date (before Christmas, after
Christmas, etc.)?

Ron H-E
--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe at apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
Center for Ludic Synergy:        <http://www.ludism.org/>
Kennexions GBG artgame:          <http://kennexions.ludism.org/>
Hexagram-8 I Ching Mailing List: <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/hex8.html>
Positive Revolution FAQ:         <http://www.ludism.org/posrev/>

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Greene, Carlton <cgreene2 at hunton.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:41:04 +0000

Ron wrote:

<<Mantis, you've done an admirable job of not bragging onlist, but I am
dying
> Christmas, etc.)?>>
Yeah! Any chance of an advance opportunity to purchase a copy for those of
us on this list?

Also, any further word on the alleged SoT video game?  I have mixed feelings
about this commercialization of Wolfe's work, but find myself compelled to
buy, buy, buy!

Carlton

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 21:36:23 +0000

Ron Hale-Evans and Jim Henley,

Thank you both for your kind words.

We don't want to clutter up these places with gaming questions and
comments, but I'm sure there are other places (especially over at the
SJGames pages) where discussion would be welcome.

And of course corrections for GURPS New Sun should be sent to Michael
Bowman <bowman at pyramid.sjgames.com>

(I don't know if they have posted an errata sheet yet.)

Having said that, I don't have much else to say, other than I hope you (Ron
and Jim) and other people who get GURPS New Sun will take this opportunity
to dabble in the world of Urth, writing new Wolfean scenarios, adventures,
rules additions, or anything else, and sending it to SJGames for possible
publication in their well-paying online magazine "Pyramid."

That would make me happy.

=mantis=

---

From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at apocalypse.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 23:57:14 +0000

>SJGames pages) where discussion would be welcome.

I also don't think it's a good idea to clutter the list with GURPS stuff,
but maybe it wouldn't be amiss if you passed on a couple of anecdotes from
New Sun campaigns that have already happened, either yours or those of
playtesters. As I recall, _GURPS New Sun_ was in playtest for a year or
more.

Ron

---

From: Michael Bowman <bvmi at odin.cc.pdx.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:21:40 +0000

> Bowman <bowman at pyramid.sjgames.com>

I've also been subscribed to this list since the beginning at my non-errata
address, bvmi at odin.cc.pdx.edu

> (I don't know if they have posted an errata sheet yet.)

I haven't posted anything yet, but I hadn't received any errata submissions
for the book when last I checked, and haven't had time to read my copy.

Michael Bowman