Subject: (urth) Seeley; FAQ

From: David Lebling <dlebling at shore.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 17:09:30 +0000

<<I know of two lists of these mysteries. One is in an old Usenet message by
Donn Seeley that I have kept and treasured since the early Eighties.>>

I remember reading this one long, long ago as well. I've lost my copy.  If
you could post it to the list or just to me, I'd be very grateful.

I second the idea of compiling an Urth-FAQ.  But who will bell the cat?

    -- Dave Lebling
    (aka vizcacha)

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at apocalypse.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:37:52 +0000

At 05:09 PM 12/2/99 -0500, Dave Lebling wrote:
>From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe at apocalypse.org>

I'll be glad to post the Seeley list later this afternoon or evening. (I'm
on Pacific time.)

As for belling the cat, I'll do it if no one else will. But who will watch
the Watchmen? (Who's to decide finally what the "real" answers are to the
hard mysteries, when Wolfe says he's not sure about some of them himself
any longer?) Perhaps we can list alternate solutions together, with the
most plausible ones first.

BTW, are you the Dave Lebling who co-authored the Zork series? If so: Was
_The Lives of the Twelve Flatheads_ in Zork a play on _The Lives of the
Seventeen Megatherians_ in Wolfe?

Ron H-E
--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe at apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
Center for Ludic Synergy:        <http://www.ludism.org/>
Kennexions GBG artgame:          <http://kennexions.ludism.org/>
Hexagram-8 I Ching Mailing List: <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/hex8.html>
Positive Revolution FAQ:         <http://www.ludism.org/posrev/>