Subject: (urth) D'oh! I can't even get my errors right!

From: Talarican <exultnttalarican at mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:14:45 +0000

<quote>
From: Damien Broderick <d.broderick at english.unimelb.edu.au>
Subject: Re: (urth) More 5HC Variant texts
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:48:24 +1100
...

>>Here is the 1976 Ace version

>>Here is the Scribners 1972(?) hardcover edition
>
>Looks to me like a classic typesetting error first time around, corrected
>later.

D'oh! My careless reading, as bad as the luckless typesetter's. I stupidly
took the first cite as the earlier (on-top-ology recapitulates file-ology).
The typo dynamics remain valid, however, as someone else noted.

Damien Broderick

<unquote>

And all this time I thought the paperback was the earlier edition, and it
never occurred to me the difference was a simple typo! Do you know, I
puzzled over that sentence "all the worlds will be born" for a good fifteen
years, until I read the Scribner's version?

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/