Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n175

From: Nil_Ultra <nil_ultra at email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:39:33 +0000

>Whoa, cowboy.  Look, Rob, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion, but
>then, so is Jeff.  What's more, Jeff was pretty careful about framing every
>criticism he made of New Sun as his own reaction -- "for me" and so forth,
>ya see? -- and not as gospel truth (or gospel truth's inverse, heresy).
>Don't jump all over him, tell him to shut up, and imply that he doesn't
>understand the book, just because he expressed his opinion about it.
That's
>just damn rude.  And so far I've been so impressed with the congeniality of
>this list.
>
>And for the record, I dig BotNS best, although Urth is optional.  And I
>would agree that the Soldier books are the second-best thing Wolfe's
>written.
>
>Jack
>
I had no intention to be rude, though looking back at what I wrote, it may
have come out sounding that way;  I was just disagreeing.  Personally, I
also think the Long Sun gets too hard a rap - I liked it a great deal,
though I think New Sun is far superior.  Nothing ill intended Jeff.
-Rob

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/