Subject: (urth) 5HC and Revelations

From: Ouroboros <ottofaij at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:33:14 +0000

JJordan wrote:

"The brothel is a counterfeit of the Church, the Great Harlot of the Book
of Revelation. That's pretty clear in 5HC, where the address is 666
Street of the Counterfeit (Humbug). The line of clones is pretty much the
Antichrist..."

excerpt >>>>>>>>

Excellent post! On the cusp of the 21st century, not everyone may know that
the refence to the multi-headed Beast and the Whore of Babyon can be found
in Revelations chapters 13 and 17. A further linkage to the multi-headed
Cerberus is that the Beast ascends out of a bottomless pit.

Revelations 13:3 "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death;
and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the
beast."

So I guess this is the mechanical grandfather of the clones in 5HC?

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Damien Broderick <d.broderick at english.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:03:08 +0000

That would be Revelation, singular. Funny how widespread that solecism is.

(I have an interest in knowing this, having recently published a novel in
Australia co-written with Rory Barnes, titled THE BOOK OF REVELATION. Steal
from the experts, I say.)

Damien

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Damien Broderick / Senior Fellow, Department of English and Cultural
Studies
	University of Melbourne,  Parkville 3052, AUSTRALIA
	@:  <d.broderick at english.unimelb.edu.au>
	Ozlit biography/bibliography listing: 

	http://dargo.vicnet.net.au/ozlit/writers.cfm?id=74.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------