Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n201

From: Alice Turner <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 23:03:37 +0000

It's late (oh, it's always late) and I don't want to get into the
business of continual quoting, at least for the moment. But as to the
fey question--aka "going inward"--don't you find some evidence of
feyness in (a) Alice's being tapped for Dame Kind; (b) Lilac; (c) Fred
(I know, not a relative, but certainly a chosen guardian for Auberon,
and George too); (d) Alice's weird girls; (e) Sylvie=Titania, and
Auberon, goodness gracious, "the stories their story generated, tedious,
hilarious or sad; their feasts, ther balls, their masques nd quarrels,,
the old curse laid on him and her kiss that mitigated it, their long
partings, her vanishings and disguises (crone, castle, bird, he forsaw
or remembered many but not all), their reunions and couplings, tender or
lewd: it would be a spectacle for all, and endless and-then."

Can someone supply page (or chapter) numbers for 52 fairies, 52
Drinkwater kin and 52 cards? Thanks.

Oh, and I also think I'm probably more in agreement with Adam than
otherwise. Though I can't remember about what. (It's late.)

-alga

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/