Subject: (urth) Ultan's Library

From: Jonathan Laidlow <laidlojm at hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 09:25:06 +0000

Hi folks,

 just a note to apologise for the weekend's confusion regarding 
Ultan's Library.

The plan is to set-up a scholarly journal dedicated to studies of the 
work of GW, and we for the launch edition we will have Dr Nick's 
two fine pieces on LS, Jeremy Crampton's piece on the Soldier 
novels, and hopefully two reprints of Jeremy's exegesis of the 
Soldier novels from his 'Book of Gold' journal. We will also have 
reviews of the recent GW novels and collections.

The site which was listed on Whorl on Friday was the URL for a 
dummy website which I am using to check design/links/html, and as 
it wasn't intended for public consumption just yet (patience! it just 
wasn't ready) I've taken it down. If there is sufficient demand I can 
put Dr Nick's LS pieces up for interested readers, but I'd prefer to 
wait until we launch at the beginning of June so that everything has 
gone through the editorial process.

The journal will be accepting submissions for a second edition, and 
further details will be available at that time. The intention is to 
complement the Urth and Whorl lists by providing a forum for more 
detailed and lengthy considerations of the work of GW.

I am currently grappling with the distinction between .htm and .html 
files, and am looking for a friendly soul capable of producing a logo 
graphic or a cover page. if anyone has the time to help I'd be 
extremely grateful.

If anyone has an advance copy of 'On Green's Jungles' and has the 
time to write a review for the launch, please get in touch for further 
details.

Jonathan Laidlow
j.m.laidlow at bham.ac.uk
 --
Jonathan Laidlow
Modern Languages Office - German & Italian
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, Birmingham
B15 2TT, England
0121 414 5996
my email not working? tell me on ultan01 at yahoo.co.uk

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/