Subject: (urth) The Devil in a Forest

From: Redhaven1 <redhaven1 at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 01:43:24 +0000

Hi all,

    It's been a very, very long time since I've posted anything on here.  I 
haven't even been reading it as much as I probably should so maybe this was 
discussed in my absence, but I'll ask anyway.  Has anyone read The Devil in a 
Forest?  What were your thoughts on it?  I just finished reading it and 
looking back over it, it seems very simple compared to Wolfe's other works.  
Was it one of Wolfe's earlier novels?  Just wondering if anyone has any 
thoughts on it.

-Steve

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Jim Henley <supplanter at highclearing.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:23:36 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: urth-errors at lists.best.com [mailto:urth-errors at lists.best.com]On
> Behalf Of Redhaven1 at aol.com
> 

I believe Devil was originally published as a work for children.

Best,

Jim
 ****************************************************
"Justice will take us millions of intricate moves"
              -- William Stafford, "Thinking for Berky"

---

From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 21:49:59 +0000

political themes anticipate the Severian novels. 

Nutria