Subject: (urth) "The Eleventh City"

From: mark millman <millman at us.ncipher.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:56:08 +0000

Folks, 

I bought the anthology _Such a Pretty Face_ (edited by Lee 
Martindale, available in both hardcover and paperback from 
Meisha Merlin Publishing) the other day, for the Wolfe story 
"The Fat Magician" that it contains.  The story, which features 
Sam Cooper, Wolfe's folklorist character, has an introductory 
note that refers to three other Sam Cooper stories.  The first 
two--"The Nebraskan and the Nereid" and "Lord of the 
Land"--I'm familiar with, but the third--"The Eleventh City"--
I hadn't heard of before and was unable to find despite a 
search of both my collection and _Locus_ magazine's on-line 
Indices to Science Fiction.

Does anyone know whether "The Eleventh City" has yet been 
published, and, if so, where?  If it's scheduled for publication 
later this year, when and where will it appear?

If you don't want to clutter the list with your replies, feel free 
to write to me directly at millman at us.ncipher.com.

I appreciate any help you have to offer.  

Mark Millman

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/