Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v029.n031

From: Dave Lebling <dlebling at shore.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 11:53:55 +0000

> From: Charles Dye <raster at highfiber.com>
 > Vodalus and Jolenta --
> what's the connection?

Both are artificial constructs (in different senses) propped up by other
actors.  Both aspire to be something they are not.  Jolenta is discarded,
Vodalus is discarded (presumably to be replaced by Agia).

The sin of Vanity?

    -- Dave Lebling
        (aka vizcacha)

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:40:28 +0000

>Vodalus is discarded (presumably to be replaced by Agia).

	Perhaps this also: We cannot change ourselves. The Increate must do it to
us. We must be acted upon by Him, which is what the New Sun and the Flood
are all about. Only He can deliver humanity from "Egyptian bondage,"
through His agents. We are doomed unless He acts. Vodalus thinks he can act
and do it, but he's wrong. 

Nutria