Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v029.n032

From: Jim Russell <j.a.russell at exeter.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:20:21 +0000

>Vodalus and Jolenta --
>what's the connection?

Both Vodalus and Jolenta are playing alloted roles, at 
least as I see it. That they are both deposed (In one sense 
or another), and replaced, indicates that "what they are" 
to paraphrase Sev, is locked within a certain formal 
structure which dictates their selfhood. This could be the 
work of the increate, the autarch, or the author, depending 
on your viewpoint.

On a seperate matter, has anybody encountered M. John 
Harrison's 'Viriconium' books, which have recently been 
republished on the masterworks list in the UK? They contain 
certain similarities to the New Sun Books, although they 
are far bleaker, and might be of interest to some of you 
dudes.

Ta ta...

----------------------
Jim Russell
University of Exeter

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/