Subject: (urth) Has Anybody Read "Has Anybody Seen Junie Moon?"

From: Alex David Groce <alex_groce at gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:42:50 +0000

I read this recently, thought it was a entertaining, a nice little
tribute to Lafferty with an interesting "Gene Wolfe, militia man"
undercurrent, but nothing special.  Did I miss anything?  There were
some bits about an old man with a stick ("Laffer") and a woman with a
baby that I thought might be hints of the Pendragon's son being sent
to our time (a la Susan Cooper) but maybe that was just my
imagination.

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+ at cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department
8112 Wean Hall (412)-268-3066
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~agroce

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:47:27 +0000

> to our time (a la Susan Cooper) but maybe that was just my

I read it and posted a brief message in April of this year or
thereabouts.  The only thing I have to add to what you say is that it's
based on a specific Lafferty story, "You Can't Go Back," which is also
about a small, low-flying moon with the same or a similar name (I forget
which).  I couldn't make anything of the old man and the woman with the
baby.  Your suggestion about the Pendragon's son sounds plausible, but I
don't have any evidence to back it up.

--Adam