Subject: (urth) Collectors

From: Doug Eigsti <douge at nti.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:46:28 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

Scott,

	I wanted a leather bound copy of THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN so bad
that I had all four books bound together in one volume. A local bindery,
Rahm Book Binding of Colorado Springs, did the work, and did a great job.
	Other gems in my Wolfe collection:

	Number 10/100 of THE CASTLE OF THE OTTER. Plus the regular hardback.
	The Ultramarine signed Ltd. ed. of THE URTH OF THE NEW SUN.
	1ST eds. of THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN, THE BOOK OF THE LONG SUN, THE
DEVIL IN A FOREST (signed), PEACE (signed), FREE LIVE FREE (Ltd., signed),
THE FIFTH HEAD OF CERBERUS, THERE ARE DOORS, PANDORA, BY HOLY HOLANDER,
ENDANGERED SPECIES, GENE WOLFE'S BOOK OF DAYS, STORIES FROM AN OLD HOTEL,
SOLDIER IN THE MIST, BIBLIOMEN (Ltd., signed), SOLDIER OF ARETE, and the
1st printing of CASTLEVIEW.
	I have the first three issues of the SHADOW OF THE TORTURER comic.
I would love to get my hands on the rest. I don't think they were ever
published.
	I am seeking a copy of EMPIRES OF FOLIAGE AND FLOWER.

	I told mantis that we need an annotated edition of NEW SUN. Full
leather (or maybe black buckram like Master Ultan's Book of Gold), gilt
edging (with edge painting), signed, numbered, fully illustrated, and
slipcased in a lead coffer. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

=Talon=