Subject: (urth) Gurloes

From: Jim Russell <j.a.russell at exeter.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:52:26 +0000

Several things, one: Thanks for all the input about GW's 
politics.

Two: This is probably one of the more wacky theories put 
forward, and I havent got my copy of the book in front of 
me to check this, but has anyone noticed the similarities 
between Gurloes and the Autarch? The passage where Gurloes 
is described, which paints him as one of the most 
intriguing minor figures of the book, talks about his 
mannerisms and particularly bright eyes. When Sev then goes 
to the house Azure, his description of the Autarch is 
basically the same - and he mentions something about 
recognising the mannerisms, but being unable to place them. 
Is it Gurloes who later has to use the prosthetic phallus, 
or is that Palaemon ? 
Just a thought.

Jim Russell
-----------
University of Exeter

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/