Subject: (urth) Collectibles

From: Alice Turner <al at interport.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:09:13 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

> Also, if anyone is interested in trading any collectible Wolfe, please
le=
> t
> me know.  I have an extra copy of the 1st ed. hardcover of _Soldier of
> Arete_ that I could part with.

I have an extra 1st ed hardcover of Nightside in fine shape. But the only
book I think I want is Storeys from the Old Hotel. Anybody?

-alga-

---

From: William H. Graham III <william.h.graham.iii at cdc.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:31:58 +0000

I while ago I contacted Ms. Kidd and agreed to buy reprint rights for
the <<Wonders of Urth and Sky>> stories ("The Boy Who Hooked the Sun" et
al) for the purposes of printing a fanzine.

Now that project has gone belly-up as my would-be-financial-backer went
and did something silly like buy a house, but out of all that, I have a
very nice letter from Mr Wolfe regarding my request for introductions to
the stories.

The fountain pen cranberry-inked signature is striking.  If anyone could
ever be excited about something linked with a failure, this is it for
me!

Incidentally, my brief correspondance with Ms. Kidd gave me to believe
that she is one of the classiest people I've met.  Her letters, as well
as Mr. Wolfe's, are the crown of my collection.

Could someone please tell me again of Mr. Wolfe's engagement in
Baltimore next year?

-WHG3

PS Easton Press had 8 copies of "Shadow" as of Thursday. Get em while
they're hot!
-- 
"Spelling mistakes?  Impossible: I own an error-correcting modem!"