Subject: (urth) sidebar PEACE and "IODDAOS"

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:21:16 +0000

Nutria wrote:

>I don't have the time to do this at all right now, but do you think there
>might be a link between Peace and "The Island of Dr. Death"? I'm thinking of
>Dr. Black here.

Yes, there is a Dr. Black in both.

Yes, there are certain points of similarity between the two works: a big
old house; a woman and her suitors; a boy who is mostly ignored by the
suitors, and who reads a lot, and fictional characters invade his waking
life.

And there is the dog man.

But otherwise they are very different stories <g>.

=mantis=

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:21:16 +0000

=mantis=

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:43:36 +0000

Sorry I wasn't clearer, Mantis.

I was wondering if the two stories might take place in the same fictional
world, as "The Changeling" does. Probably not, but then again....

I leave it to you.

Patera Nutria