Subject: (urth) Wonders of Urth & Wolfe

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 19:41:00 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

Reply:  Item #1844847 from URTH at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET03#

WHG3,

Wolfe to be GoH at DISCLAVE '98, May 22-25, 1998.  Membership $20 to
12/31/97; checks to Disclave 1998.  Info: Disclave '98, c/o Joe
Mayhew, 7-S Research Rd., Greenbelt MD 20770; e-mail: Washington SF
Assoc., mail at wsfa.org or jtmayhew at worldnett.att.net.

Re: WONDERS OF URTH AND SKY, (another fine dream) did you include among
your list of stories "The Old Woman Whose Rolling Pin Is the Sun" or
do you consider it outside the brown book?  Just curious!

(My plans for doing it: I did include TOWWRPITS on the list; I didn't
consider getting Gene Wolfe to write intros since I wanted to create
an artifact as close to the "real" brown book as possible . . .
including new stories by Wolfe based upon extant fragments . . . and
the artwork mentioned, of course.  Water stained pages from the Mine at
Saltus?  "Handwritten" entries by Severian in the back pages, the
story-telling competition stories?  Sure, why not!  But only after
the relatively easy task of a hardcover THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR DEATH .
. . and then one or two new collections of uncollected short stories:
TALK OF MANDRAKES and REMEMBRANCE OF THINGS PROUST . . .)

=mantis=