Subject: (urth) Castleview again

From: Tony Ellis <tony.ellis at futurenet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:55:20 +0000

Sbear wrote:
>Fair enough (I found out that Geimhreadh meant Winter and felt
>very pleased with myself, though all I did was a web search),

There now, you see, this is precisely the sort of thing that gives me
confidence: I had no idea that the word geimhreadh actually meant
‘winter’. I was under the impression that King G’s name was one of the
particulars of the novel we hadn’t been able to solve. But I still knew
that he –represented– Winter because of the context. (He’s old, he’s a
king, he kills the Green Man, etc.)

< many intriguing questions snipped >

It is years since I read Castleview, and while I feel I could at least
answer some of these questions, the sensible thing to do would be to
make sure I’ve got my facts straight first. I hereby bump Castleview to
the top of my reading list.

--
Tony Ellis
On-line Editor, PC Format magazine
01225 442244 x2349
http://www.pcformat.co.uk

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/